Lesson 3: World Religions – Public Policy/Current Issues
Learning Targets and Language Objectives
As you watch the video look for answers to the following questions:
- Is this a religious conflict or a political conflict or both? Explain your thinking.
- What impact do you think this has had on local, national, and/or international public policy?
Access current news articles about religious topics by typing phrases such as:
- World Religion New Articles 2016
- Religion Headlines
- Religious Conflict in the News
- Religious Cooperation in the News
Work on your assigned religion, search for, and summarize one article that illustrates religious conflict or cooperation for your assigned religion. Record your findings in your Children’s Book.
- Article Headline
- The Author
- The url where you accessed the article
- A summary of the article including which group/groups are involved and the causes and effects of the incident(s).
- An explanation of how this issue is impacting public policy at the local, state, national, or international level.
State the title of your article and share one sentence from your summary that captures the main idea of the article.
Revisit the Learning Targets and complete the post-assessment, citing evidence in the last column.