Lesson 2: Models for Analyzing Places
Learning Targets and Language Objectives
five themse of geography
ESPN factors -
- Download and save the WGS_Models for Understanding Places_Unit 1 document to your device.
- As we discuss each model, you may choose to use the pdf tools to highlight or add your own notes to the handout to clarify understanding of the models.
- Economic factors – examine a resource map, describe the type of economic system, detail the average per capita income, or find the GDP for select countries in a data set;
- Social factors – use maps or text to describe the language, religion, customs, foods, sports, music…
- Political factors – use maps, charts, or text to find the type of government(s) in the region or detail key countries
- eNvironment –includes the physical characteristics of the region referenced in the Country and Regions Workbook from the last lesson, interpretation of a physical, climate, vegetation, or temperature map.
- Working in your assigned regional groups use multiple maps and resources for the assigned region from an online source to determine, categorize, and list some of the ESPN factors present in the region. The Online Map Resources you saved in your class folder will help you locate information about your region.
- Download and save the WGS_ESPN of Assigned Region Table_Unit 1 document to your device and use it to organize your thinking
- Post your completed chart to ESPN for Assigned Region Discussion Board in the HUB .
- Include the region name and the names of the group members in the title of your post.
The CIA Factbook of World Countries and Regions and CIA Factbook: World Leaders provide excellent sources of additional information on all countries of the world and can serve as sources of enrichment or general information. The Population Reference Bureau World Population Data Sheet gives up to date information about economic and social/cultural data organized by region.
- Download and save a copy of the WGS_Notes on World Regions_Unit 1 document to your device.
- Go to the ESPN of Assigned Regions Discussion Board in the HUB and access the charts posted by each of the nine groups to gather ESPN facts about each region.
- Record your data on the WGS_Notes on World Regions_Unit 1 document and submit it as an assignment - go to the Notes on World Regions Assignment
- You have may have to complete part of this assignment for homework. You have until ____ to post the assignment
Revisit the Learning Target and complete the post-assessment, citing evidence from your learning.
|File Size:||141 kb|