Learning Targets and Language Objectives
formal regionfunctional region
adapt to (one's environment)
modify (one's environment)
1. Brainstorm a list of world regions with your shoulder partner.
2D map - http://www.stratalogica.com/NystromDigital/maps.html or open it in the course tree.
2. Turn and Talk
Forces That Shaped Our Earth
Regional Group Presentation
You will be placed into a regional group. Groups will gather information about the assigned region and prepare a final presentation for the class. Use the wgs_regional_presentation_rubric.docxWGS_Regional Presentation Rubric_Unit 11 as a guide for your presentation.
1. Access regional physical and special purpose maps to interpret and determine important physical features and environmental patterns (climate, land use, natural resources) in your assigned region.
2. Summarize facts regarding the physical environment of the assigned region and record that information (with at least one or more images) on:
- the graphic organizer WGS_Regional ESPN Characteristics_Unit 11.docx
- directly in the app chosen for your regional presentation; or
- create concept maps using the digital tool Bubbl.us. to organize your thinking about the region
- Much of this region has _____ [type of climate zone] because of the climate rule of _______.
- The most outstanding physical features of the region (mountains, major rivers, etc.) are _____________.
- This region has many natural resources which include ______.
- Most of the land in this region is used for ________. Major industries include ___________.
- Post at least five (5) facts about the physical geography your assigned region. Each group should write the name of the region and then add the physical and environmental characteristics of that region on the Discussion Board.
- Revisit Learning Targets and complete the post-assessment.